Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas begins............

Here's to what a wonderful time we had celebrating the greatest gift to all for all time- Jesus!-  and, even more so, here's to celebrating all year long!


In the last few weeks I heard talk of Christmas as just another national holiday or a commercialized and stressful. And, I have to say, as Buddy the Elf would, - "Shocking" 


Christmas is a WORLD-wide celebration!  For me, a Christian, it starts in January and climaxes in December.  So all year long Christmas is in my heart.  I carry Jesus with me.  All year I aim to give because God gave, Jesus gave, and the 3 wise men and shepherds gave on the night of Jesus' birth.


If Christmas is in your heart all year long, then giving is a way of life, and your love for it only grows stronger as the year goes on.  It is a priority in my heart- like praying, reading the Bible, or loving my family.  

The commercialization of another doesn't put a damper on my celebrating.  They have their reward here and now, but there are rewards that those people don't understand.  Those are the rewards I am looking forward to.  

At the end of the year my only regret is that I couldn't give more. So here's to a happy new year and Christmas..... as it begins again.


No comments:

Post a Comment