Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Snow Globes

Every time Christmas comes around you start to see those cute little snow globes in the stores. (I like them. I never buy them, but I really like them!) Every time I see a snow globe it makes me flash back to 3 years ago in the Christmas isle at Walgreen's..... 

My son was 6 at the time and he grabbed a snow globe from the shelf to shake.  "Here, let me do that.", I said for fear of him dropping it on the floor and having to stand and watch in embarrassment as an employee cleaned it up. 


No sooner had the words left my mouth that the snow globe left my hands, went flying through the air and busted on the floor. 
My son just looked at me in shock with his mouth hanging open. "Mommy, you told me not to break it and you broke it!" 
"Shh! Be quiet", I said in a low voice. Trying to avoid any attention.
Oh, the humiliation. I have to be honest. The thought of walking away and telling a clerk, "Someone broke a snow globe in the Christmas isle", did cross my mind.(for about 30 seconds)

After a moment of temptation, I knew I had to do the right thing.  So I told a worker about the mess, walked the broken snow globe up to the front of the store and offered to pay for it. Hoping all the while that my son would not let them know that it was his mom that broke it.

So every time I see a snow globe I chuckle a little....
and then I'm super careful!

No comments:

Post a Comment